Friday, January 1, 2010

2009 In Review

I can hardly believe that this time last year I didn't even know I would be venturing out on my own to start my very own event design company. By the end of March 2009, it was official. I only had one event confirmed. My logo was being designed, website under construction, online advertisments commencing and all but hope for a bright future.

I soon realized what an amazing network of people I had working around me. Industry professionals, event coordinators, photographers, lighting designers, family, friends, and past clients started calling me. ME! I was thrilled. People trusted my product and knew the level of committement and passion that I put into each of my events. They told me so.

Thank you to all of the amazing people that I have worked with this year. All of the success I acheived in 2009 was because of you. I have made so many new friends, supportors, cheerleaders and memories that I will not soon forget. By the end of 2009 I had designed over 25 of my very own events & a list for 2010 already surpassing that number.

I have now became several - with a design team of impecable taste, loyaly and passion. In 2010 we will staff two interns - one in business management and another in design/fabrication. In February 2010 our new design studio doors will officially open for business (party coming..keep posted!). In 2010, you will see Shawna Yamamoto Event Design featured in 3 wedding publications (hopefully more as the year & submissions go on!). In 2010, we will be honored to be called upon by you, your friends, your family and your referrals.

Cheers to an amazing 2009!