Monday, March 22, 2010

Grand Opening Reception


We celebrated our Grand Opening Reception a couple weeks ago! We had an amazing time! So Many of you came out to enjoy in the festivities and it was so wonderful to see each and every one of you! Lighting Design was perfected by my favorite lighting designer Amber Yin of AmberYinProductions.





Amber and her team used up lighting, washes and pin-spots to really bring my works to life. Lighting is a necessity to any event and can often have more of an impact than the decor. Then there was DJ Raj from Sound Nation who rocked the house with eclectic sounds of M.I.A, Bob Marley, John Mayer and more (per my request, not sure if these are his typical play requests! :). We transformed our warehouse into a chic black, white and red lounge with lush fur rugs, white leather benches and hundreds of red roses, dahlia's and daisies.



Then there was the food...OMG! I love Sienna Spencer, food writer for Edible Los Angeles and Food Artista who served up mini-plated servings of Spicy Edamame, Chicken Kabaage Skewers with Wasabi-Ranch dipping sauce; Dim Sum Bun with Creme Fraiche and Caviar, Cold Vietnamese Noodle salad with mint-Cilantro Vinaigrette and Asian-Citrus Shrimp with Soy-Bean Avocado Puree..makes me want to have her come over tonight and cook for me more!



Catering Assistance and floor support was provided by the ever so attentive and helpful Jennifer and her team of SpareHands. Entertainment was provided by a local Taiko Drum and Odori (traditional Japanese Dance) Group. Their performance was breathtaking and made everyone in attendance stop and watch their amazing performances.
My team worked through-out the prior night and into the day leading up to the doors opening to create one of a kind, artistically focused designs intended to showcase our ability to transform spaces using non-floral materials and other interesting finds! I think we all enjoyed tasting some sake and just sitting down during an event rather than darting out just as the curtain rises.



All these amazing pictures were taken by Aaron and Maxine Ayala of AyalaImage. What a great job they did capturing the nights decor, tantalizing food and entertainment!

Special thanks to all of my team & vendors that helped make this happen, to all those that attended to show your support and to my darling friends & family for always inspiring me - my designs are the fruition of this love and art.


I look forward to serving up more of these parties through-out the years!




-xoxo Shawna Yamamoto